About Star Career Academy
The mission enforced by the career programs of Star Career Academy is to:
- Provide performance-based occupational training to prepare students for entry-level employment in allied health fields, cosmetology, professional cooking, baking and pastry arts, and hotel and restaurant management.
- Help students gain the confidence needed to perform at their highest potential and pursue life-long learning and advancement.
- Help students understand and meet professional ethical standards.
The mission of this career training is maintained and supplemented through these following programs at Star Career Academy: Culinary Programs, Allied Health Programs, Hotel and Restaurant Management Programs , Insurance and Health Information Technology Program and Cosmetology Programs. Star’s Career Academy has campuses located throughout New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
Click here to download a 2013 Student Catalog
The administration and faculty of Star Career Academy are committed to facilitating the mission of the school by:
- Meeting standards of excellence as determined by their accrediting and licensing agencies.
- Delivering career programs that meet the needs of the community.
- Providing the support services needed to allow all students to achieve their goals.
- Ensuring that the school has the resources needed to realize its educational objectives.
Preparing Students for Technical Careers
Training at the Star Career Academy career schools is “performance-based”, using simulated work environments run by industry professionals. Graduates of are equipped with the practical skills needed to meet the demands of intense workplaces in varying technical careers throughout the country.
Classroom and hands-on career training is capped by a rigorous externship in most programs. Students go on-site and experience “real time” employment requirements. By the conclusion of the externship, a student is job-ready and Star’s Career Services Advisors will assist the student in scheduling interviews at area facilities.
The atmosphere at Star Career Academy is professional, but also warm and friendly. Instructors and students work together in a setting similar to real workplaces. Teamwork and human relations skills are developed and students learn the professional and ethical standards required for employment in the field. Instructors and advisors are available to assist students with educational and personal problems, as Star Career Academy strives to have every student meet his or her career and life goals.